Monday, May 12, 2014

Give It Your All!!

                                                                                              May 5, 2014
Hola mi familia maravillosa!!!! Estoy muy emocionada para hablar con ustedes por Skype ésta semana!!!  Thank you for your letters this week!!! You are all amazing and I love reading about your adventures and stories of success. You have so many! I know the Lord is blessing you at all times. I especially want to thank you for sharing your missionary experiences with me! I am so proud of each one of you, and I know that you are blessing so many people as you share the happiness and truth of the Restored Gospel. It is the best feeling ever!!!
 
I have some good news and some not so good news. Which do you want first? Lets go with the not so good.  We had a transfer this week and my sweet hija and best friend, Hermana Blau, was transferred to Frutillares! This is great news for her because she will love it there, and I know there are many people who need her there and whose lives she can bless with her bright smile and happy personality. I am so happy because that was my last area, but it was bitter sweet to say goodbye because we were really close. Maybe now I can kinda empathize with moms out there because I seriously feel like my daughter went off to college/mission and left me at home. haha its so weird, but I am really going to miss her. The good news is that Hermana Martinez arrived here in Coyquén and she is amazing! She is from the north of Chile, and we have the same time in the mission.  I know that we are really going to help one another, and I am happy to be together serving in Chillán! 
 
 This past week was amazing! We were really able to work with the members a lot and we have a ton of plans to work with them even more!  Speaking of members, there is an amazing lady who is a new convert that we had lunch with this week. She is unable to work and has a lot of health problems. The ward helped get together some food to give to her so that she has enough, and guess what, the next week she gave the missionaries lunch! She is an amazing example to me and I felt the Spirit so strong and such a deep love for her as she gave everything she had. 
 
That is one of the lessons I am learning, to give everything, and give it our all. Hermana Blau really taught me that, and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to learn from the Savior and the people that surround me. I know that this is the greatest thing we can do is give it our all. Today for p-day, we watched the movie The Best Two Years in Spanish. haha-- I love that movie. But it meant a lot more to me because I am serving the best 1 year 1/2 right now and I want to make sure I give it my all. In the movie, the missionary for a while didn't work as hard, but in the end, he learned what Heavenly Father wanted him to learn. I know that this applies to all of us, at whatever stage of life we are at. We need to give it our all, and as we do, the Lord will teach us what He wants us to know. We will become the best we can be, as we let Him teach us. I have a little bit more than a year in the
mission right now, but I am going to make the most of it!  
 
Good news! Javiera came to church again, and is progressing toward her baptism on the 17th! Also, we finally were able to teach her mom, who isn't a member! Thank you for your prayers! I know that we will be able to help them both progress towards baptism and receive the blessings together as a family. Please pray for them, and please pray that we can help other people progress towards baptism and find new people. This week, we found Maria Jesus, Mario and Josalyn, Teresa, and Mirza. Please pray for each of them! Thank you for everything!
 
This week we had a lot of funny moments, but I can't even remember one :( But, I will for sure right them down  so I can share them next time. I love you all! Hey, please write me at dear elder if you have time! It is free!!!
 
I love you so much! I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ! He leads the church, and I know that He loves us all! It is my prayer that we can give it our all to become like Him every day. As we do, I know that our Heavenly Father will change us so that we can become like the Savior. Have an amazing week! Love you all so much!!! Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment