Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Faith vs. Fear - "Be Not Afraid!"

                                                                                                                                  March 19, 2013
Hola Familia!!! How is everyone doing? I can't express how happy I was to receive all of your sweet letters! This week, my companions and I read a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland on fear. It is called, "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence."  It is incredible! In it we learned how the adversary uses fear. I know that it is his biggest tool. He used it in the premortal life, and he uses it now. We must never lose our confidence in ourselves and our divine natures. Thank you for the amazing package! It was such a blessing. The pictures of the Savior are now hanging on my wall. I especially like the picture "Be not afraid" In it the Savior is lifting a little girl from the water, while holding on to a little boy. When I saw it, I immediately thought how that little girl lifted the little boy up to the Savior first, and then the Savior lifted her. I am going to be that little girl. I will always lift others first.

In the MTC one of the ways we learn how to teach others is that we have the opportunity to teach people who come in and role play by pretending to be investigators of the Church. They are people who re-enact real life stories or situations that others may be going through so that we can learn how to teach. This week, we have a new investigator, his name is David. We instantly loved him as we started teaching him. The first lesson we taught, we could tell he just wanted more. The next lesson we really followed the Spirit while teaching, and invited him to be baptized on April 5th! We are so excited even though it isn't a real baptism. But David has struggled feeling confident because he has tattoos that people whisper about at church, and he just wants to feel the love of the Savior. I was inspired to share with him the scripture in 1 Samuel on how the Lord seeth not as man seeth, for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. We were able to testify of the love that the Savior and Heavenly Father have for him, and the Spirit was so strong! We also had more success with Ruby, another investigator that we have been working with. We were at a standstill for a while, because she wasn't feeling the Spirit and wasn't receiving answers to her prayers, so in the last lesson we asked her what she wanted to know about. She asked about faith, so we will teach on faith tomorrow. We studied Alma 32 for her, and while we were studying I felt like it applied to me personally. I invite you to all study that chapter together and share it with your friends. It is golden!

I thank the Lord for His never ending mercy, and for giving us trials to learn and grow. I thank the Lord for my call as a missionary and as a representative of Jesus Christ. I am so excited to bring others to Christ! I want to spend my whole life doing it! This is the truth, the Lord's work is rolling forth upon the earth, never to be stopped! Keep being strong! I love all of you! Thanks you for your prayers! Adios por ahora!

Con Mucho Amor,

Hermana Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment