Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Love Learning!!

                                                                                                                               Oct. 7, 2013
Hola fabulous familia!!! How are you all doing? I hope you all had a great General Conference weekend! I watched conference for the first time in all Spanish. We couldn´t get it to work in English. The songs were in English and they would begin speaking in English but a translator would then begin speaking. The true church of Jesus Christ is so amazing! The Lord has given us the technology to listen in all parts of the world! It was an amazing experience, as I was able to use the gift of tongues that Heavenly Father has blessed me with, to be able to understand the messages from our prophet and apostles and other leaders of the church. I started off the weekend watching the rebroadcast of the relief society meeting. It was so powerful and I loved the message about how we become stronger through trials and they are given to us because the Lord can see our potential, and all that we can become through them, just like He knew that the Provo tabernacle would become a temple! What were your favorite messages of conference? If you could please write me a little summary about them that would be awesome. I understood most of the messages, but I´m still not fluent in Spanish—haha. 
 
This week was full of adventures and I learned a ton. Hermana V. and I both got a stomach flu this week that lasted for a while, but we received priesthood blessings and were able to work even though we were sick. I know that the Lord blessed us with the energy to work, and we saw this through the number of lessons we had. The number of lessons we taught was way higher than any other week. The miracles of the Lord are amazing! 

We are still working with Marcela, and Josue, and Paul. They still have struggles so please pray for them and I know the Lord will bless them. We are also still working with Sandra, we found a young woman named Camila who was excited to listen this week to conference and hear the prophet. She wants to know if he really is a prophet, and in the lesson we had with her, she had a ton of questions. Also, Josue´s oldest daughter is going to be living here for a while so we are going to start sharing the gospel with her. Sadly, none of them came to see conference. We were so disappointed as this week we truly proclaimed with joy that our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, have called a prophet and apostles to lead and guide us today. Our investigators were not able to hear the glad tidings, but we are going to share the messages with them these next couple of weeks, and we hope to keep teaching them all. Thank you so much for all of your prayers in behalf of each one of them. 

This week we had a lot of funny adventures while we were sick, but usually my embarrassing moments are the most funny. We always say alo outside of the houses, it is like the doorbell of chile. Occasionally I accidentally say hola and that is super embarrassing. This week on a minicambio for a day, I was relieved to know that my sister leader sometimes does the same, so the embarrassment was long gone. That is what I thought, until one day when i passed by someone in the street (we always say hola to everyone we pass) I accidentally kinda yelled alo at them haha, it was so loud and embarrassing. My companion couldn´t stop laughing and I couldn’t either. Luckily I think the lady I yelled at had headphones on. Que verguenza!! Or, how embarrassing! haha i love laughing at the little things.

This week we learned so much from conference and also from our leaders. I love each week, each day, each minute, because we always have another opportunity to be better. And we get to apply what we learned! We have so much to apply this week and I can’t wait to let you know how it goes.

The two talks from conference that I absolutely loved in relation to missionary work were given by President Uchtdorf and Elder Ballard. Mom shared about your desire to share the gospel as a family. I invite you all to read these two talks and remember how amazing this gospel is and why everyone needs to hear it. Don´t fear, only go forth and share with everyone. You will rejoice as others are blessed. Today I was reading in el Libro de Mormón because I am reading it completely in Spanish for the first time, and I read my favorite missionary verses! Jacob 5:71,72 It says: 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself unot myself against the time which will soon come.  72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things. 72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.I love this because this is what the Lord says unto His servants and in the verse before it says that His servants are few. We may be few but we have a great calling to bring the gospel to the rest of the world, and this scripture prophesies how we will work.We will go forth with all of our might, and obey in all things. In verse 75 Jacob describes what happens after we, the servants of the Lord, do all we can do.75 And it came to pass that when the aLord of the vineyard saw that his fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it is good, even like as it was in the beginning. Andbblessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the cnatural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall havedjoy with me because of the fruit of my vineyard.The Lord comes, The Savior comes and says that we will rejoice with Him because we shared the gospel with fervor. We will rejoice with the Savior at His coming! This is a prophecy, but in order to receive the blessings of this prophecy, we must do our part. We must share the gospel with all diligence and with everyone, and we must be obedient to all of the Lord´s commandments. Then we will have these promised blessings! I know this to be true. I am grateful for our call as members to bring the gospel to all the world. I am grateful that I can work along side of each one of you in the vineyard of the Lord, and that we can work alongside Him. I love you all and hope you remember this as you go forth as proclaim the restored gospel without fear! I hope you have a fantastic week! Can´t wait to hear from you next week! Love you! Chou!

No comments:

Post a Comment