Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Lord prepares them, but we must find them!!

                                                                                                                           Sept. 30, 2013
Hola mi familia!!! Gracias por todo sus cartas! Me encanta leerlos y estoy feliz para escuchar de su semana pasada. Todos dijeron algo que yo necesitaba escuchar. Thank you for helping me to always feel great and renewed and energized to work hard every week--especially this week.

I have to admit that this week has been a little hard. We always learn a lot every week, but our biggest challenge is finding new people to teach. I know without a doubt that the Lord has prepared many people in Frutillares to accept the gospel and be baptized. We just have to find them!!! I know as I continue to be more diligent and use the Lord´s precious time every minute of every day, we will be able to find them! The Lord teaches me so much! I just need to remember to apply everything I learn.

Today I was reading Preach My Gospel in the first section about what I can do to be a successful missionary, and then I began to read about missionaries from the Book of Mormon.  I read about Nephi the 3rd, and his success as a missionary. In Helaman 10:4,5 the Lord is talking directly to him and says, "Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done: for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but has sought my will, and to keep the commandments. 5. And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy work, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will. 

What an amazing scripture. My greatest desire is to hear the Lord say this to me. I am grateful that the Lord helped me find this scripture today because it is what I needed to hear. I need to declare the gospel with unwearyingness, without fear of the people and of talking to them, and I need to make sure that my will is exactly in line with the Lord's will. This is what I am going to work on this week. I think as members we can do the same. We have been called to share the gospel with everyone, to share with friends, to make new friends and share with them, to do everything, and most importantly, to live the gospel in every way so that others can see our example and happiness and want what we have been blessed with. When we do this we have the promise of the Lord that He will bless us forever, that we will be mighty in word and deed, in faith, and in works, and all things that we ask shall be according to our word because we will not ask for that which is contrary to the will of the Lord. We will do His will and He will bless us in our own lives and will bless us to be able to share the gospel. I know that this is true, and so this week Hermana V. and I are determined to work our hardest, speak without fear, and find those that we know are prepared! This is my spiritual thought and scripture of the week. I invite you all to read Preach My Gospel chapter 1 together as a family! It is awesome! 

This week was awesome! We had some really amazing lessons and I absolutely love feeling the Spirit in our lessons, and knowing that the investigators can feel it too. We found Sandra this week one morning when we were knocking on doors. She is so great! She really felt the Spirit, and we tried to return but she wasn´t home. I will let you know what happens, but please pray that we can teach her again and that she can receive an answer about what we taught. The same for Evelyn. We tried to teach her, but had to reschedule for today so we will finally pass by and see how she is tonight. But she is a lot nicer and warmer as we explained why it was necessary for a restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ

Sis. M. still struggles with the Word of Wisdom, but she continue to progress as she attends church and learns more. We had a wonderful lesson last night for family night with our ward mission leader. He and his family invited Sis. M. and her son, and another family that recently joined the church. We shared a video that is on the dvds for seminary for the book of mormon. It is called the Mediator and it is so great! It shares a story about a young man who wanted something that he couldn´t afford in his life and so he borrowed money to buy it, and he worked to pay the debt, but he never could because while he worked hard, sometimes he would go off with friends and leave the work, and he just never earned enough to pay it back. When the time came to pay the debt, the man that he owed wanted justice, and he couldn´t pay it. The young man wanted him to show mercy, but mercy and justice could not exist at the same time, and so the young man was put in bonds and about to be taken to prison. But there was one way in which mercy and just could exist together, and it was through a Mediator. His friend came, and said that he would pay the debt if this young man would work for him by the principles that he sets. This is exactly the plan of God for us. We wanted to come to this earth in order to be like Him and receive a body. He has already given us so much, but in order to return to Him we must be free from sin. But we fall so many times, we sin all the time, and we can´t pay the debt. Well, the eternal law of justice must be satisfied, God has to be just, but He knew we wouldn´t be able to pay the debt to return to Him, and so in His mercy, He sent His Son, and Jesus Christ willfully came to be our Mediator. He suffered for our sins so that we can be clean, and He died for us so that we might live! He paid the debt that we could never pay alone, and He set the principles by which we can work for Him. It is by living the gospel of Jesus Christ that we can receive the mercy of the Great Mediator. I absolutely love this video!!! There is so much to learn! I absolutely love the perfect plan of our Heavenly Father and our Savior! I know it is real! When we shared this, the lesson that followed was so great. Sis. M. noticed the friends that called the young man to leave his work and go with them, and she recognized that this is like the temptations we have that cause us to leave the path. This is exactly what I was hoping she would say. I am so proud of her progress! I am hoping and praying that she learned a lot more about the Savior and His sacred Atonement, and that she can apply it to her life to help her quit smoking. Please pray for her!  

Josue came to church too, and he was suppose to work on Sunday but told his boss that he had to go to church. So he was able to come, and he told us that he knows it is important to go to church because it is what God wants, and because He blesses him for it. That is Big progress! We are still working with them, but it is difficult. Bro. P is really struggling. We were really bold as we followed the Spirit and taught the plan of salvation and what will happen if he isn´t baptized in this life. Please pray that he will really truly pray with earnest about baptism. Thank you for all of your prayers and the love you have for our investigators! 

This week I ran every day!!! Well not on Sunday of course, but the other days I did! I am in Concepción today!!! And i will be going to Lider for the first time, this is the equivalent of Walmart! I am super excited!! I am trying to think of funny adventures of this week. Sometimes when we knock on doors, we don´t actually knock, we yell Alo, outside of their door, and them come. Sometimes my voice cracks when I yell Alo, and sometimes I say Hola by accident. Or, I will be speaking to people in Spanish and then I will say something in English, which is really embarrassing. These are my every day embarrassing moments from the mission. It's so fun! But life is wonderful! I love you all so much! Thanks for your examples and the light you shine! Keep being amazing! Have a great week!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment