Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Tunnel Journey" - The light of the gospel leads us!

                                                                                                                                     Oct. 14, 2013
Hola mi familia maravillosa!!! Como estan? Gracias por sus cartas! Su semana fue muy bueno! Mio tambien! prospering! 
 
Today we had a zone activity where we went on a hike to an abandoned tunnel. There used to be a train that passed through Tomé and so there are a few tunnels here, so we went to one of them. I thought it was going to be a little strange. The activity was suppose to be 2 hours and I was thinking, how long is the tunnel? And if it is short, are we just going to walk back and forth for 2 hours haha but it was really fun. The hike was super long so that took up most of the time. I took a lot of photos that I want to send, but the computer doesn´t want to work. Well, while we were walking through the tunnel that was completely dark, we were following one elder who had been smart and brought a flashlight. In the beginning he a few other elders walked way faster than us and we couldn´t see them or hear them, when suddenly they jumped out and scared us haha it was fun, but i have to admit that my  heart almost exploded. Elders... they think they are so funny haha well they are.


Being missionaries and always thinking about the gospel, when we were following the light I thought of a metaphor and commented about how this was kind of like life, and the light of the gospel helps lead us. Thinking about it more, there is only one light that can lead us safely through this life and He is our Savior, Jesus Christ. We must follow Him and follow the gospel that He has given us. It is so important that we are members of His true church, the same one that He established when He was on the earth. In the beginning of the tunnel when the elders hid, we lost the light. I can´t imagine how hard it would be to live without the light of the gospel to guide us. But there are so many of our brothers and sisters who do just that. It was hard to walk in the tunnel without the light. We were scared, we couldn´t see what was up ahead, and it was dangerous, we could have gotten hurt. But with the light, we had an assurance that everything would be okay as long as we were with the one that had the light. We knew where we were, where we were going, and all fear left. As a representative of Jesus Christ, I testify that this is His true church and that only by following Him can we return to our Heavenly Father and live in peace, knowing He will lead us through the dangers, and the darkness and give us His light. This experience helped me realize even more how important it is to share the gospel with others. I got to taste for a second what it is like to be in the dark, I don´t want anyone to be there. We are the way in which they can find the light! This is what I learned this week! 



This week was amazing! We worked way more with the members and had 8 lessons with investigators in which a member accompanied us. Last week we had 0! The Lord blessed us to be able to work more with the members.

This week also had other miracles! Remember Camila? She is so prepared and we were excited for her to come to conference, but she didn´t come :(  Well, we visited her again and it turns out that she tried to come to conference but she couldn´t find the church! :( but this is also good news because she is really excited to learn more. We taught her and the lesson was amazing! She didn´t come to church this week, but we know that she is prepared and I will let you know what happens this week! Marcela is doing great and she read for the first time, the chapter that we invited her to read. She is doing everything to prepare for baptism and find a house. I told you about that right? Well, she is doing everything! We are going to eat ice cream with her today!! She is awesome! Josue also came to church and is still progressing, His daughter Nicole couldn´t come because her baby was sick, but she is awesome too! We are also teaching an abuelito named Carlos, and he knows he must be baptized, but he wants more time. Please pray for him! Yanet is still progressing, but we will work with her more. We have a lot of people to teach and the Lord continues to bless us to find more. This week I really wanted to find someone who needed the Lord in that moment. I was feeling a little discouraged because i love to help people and I know that this gospel can help everyone, but usually the people we find don´t realize that right away, and don´t realize that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the answer to everything! I was praying that we could find someone who really needed the Lord to lift them in that moment, and after I finished my prayer in my head, we knocked on a door and a woman came out. We started talking with her and she listened but we distracted. She then told us that she wants to listen, but that her son was sick with Bronchitis for many days and that she was waiting for the doctors to come. She didn´t have the animo to listen in this moment. My companion and I both had the same inspiration to ask if we could offer a prayer with her for her son. We did this and the Spirit was so strong, She said that we could come back another day and share with her. Her name is Daniela. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows all of His children and sends us to them right we they need Him the most. I am grateful to be an instrument in His hands to lift His children. I know that He loves us and will always lift us. Thank you for your prayers, I know that this week was amazing because of all of your prayers in our behalf. The Lord is blessing us and the work is

Real fast, I will finish with a few funny stories. Last week when we were sick (we are much better, thanks!) we ate lunch in the house every day, and not with the members. Well one day the gate to our house was locked and this gate is huge! Really high up and we cant climb it from the outside. Well the other sisters had the keys and we called but they didn´t answer. So, I decided I would attempt to climb over the wall. I asked my companion to push me, and she is a lot smaller than me ha ha, but she tried, and fell back a little ha ha sad. But the second time I got up there and then climbed down. It was a fun adventure, as I was in a skirt ha ha. Every day is a new adventure!  Love you so much! hope you have an amazing week! Hasta Luego!




P.S. Look at my tiny Chilean cheese grater!!  Life is great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment