Monday, April 7, 2014

El Don de Suenos - "The Gift of Dreams"

                                                                                                            March 17, 2014
Hola mi familia!!! How are you? Thanks for your letters!
 
You all make me smile so much! I love you!!!! 
 
This week Hermana Blau and I are trying new fun things and really enjoying every day! We are learning a lot, just like every day.
 
Sadly, this week Carolina and Carolina didn't come to church. Cesar is gone and Carolina(sr) has a stand that they pay to have so they can sell artsy handmade stuff. She and her mom run it and they have to have someone there on Saturdays and Sundays or they could lose it. Usually her mom goes on Sunday so that Carolina can go to church and keep the Sabbath day holy, but Carolina´s great-grandmother passed away and so her mom was at the funeral. Carolina had to work, and she didn't send her daughters alone. They were still asleep. :( But they are still progressing amazingly. Carolina (hija) wants to be baptized and has a date for the 29th of March. But, we heard today that Cesar will be working until April 8th outside ;( We need a miracle. Please pray that they will be able to be baptized on the 29th of March. I know that Heavenly Father will help them.
 
We have a cita with hermana Carolina tonight! Woohoo!!! Jaime couldn´t come to church, but Mirta came! I hope she liked it, we need to visit her this week! Claudio didn't come either, we were unable to visit him this week because he is never home until late at night and it is hard for us to get there. But we will continue to work hard to help all of these amazing people! We found 9 news this week!!!! Just one away from our goal! We found Mari, Isable, and Edith, Catarine, Franco, Jeremias, Fernando y Ruth, Jenifer, and Genardo this week! 
 
They are all awesome and we are excited to work with them! Especially Catarine who had returned from the hospital the day we met here after being there for 2 months. Genardo is an older man suffering from cancer :( They all need the gospel so much! Franco and Jeremias are the sons of a family of less actives that has a ton of people that aren't members! Fernando and Ruth are so great! I will tell you about them! They are a cute older couple that have been married for 64 years! We taught them about how they could be together for ever by taking some steps, and Ruth started saying, What are the steps? She said if she had to be mormon, she wouldn't do it, haha but I know that she will :) We asked if they wanted to be together for ever and she said yes and Fernando just laughed, he is a little deaf. He said, well maybe there is another life and more women haha but it was just a joke...hopefully.
 
Ruth then told us that she dreamt about us. She said, I had a dream once, in which two little bees came into my house. She said, there were two, and then a 3rd little one appeared in the middle. ha ha it was funny because we had met her the night before, and then the next day we brought a Chilean young woman with us who is 17 ha ha. Then she said, the little bee was singing the Chilean national anthem, and the other two bigger bees were humming. She said she tried to get rid of the three bees because she was afraid they would sting her, so she tried to let them out the front door, and then out the back door, but in the end she just decided to keep them inside the house with her. She asked us, "what do you think that means?" ha ha I loved it! Obviously it means she should listen to the two humming bees and the little Chileana one :) We are going to visit them again this week! 
 
So, there is one example of the gift of dreams, or el don de sueños. My companion and I always joke about it because we have such weird and bizarre dreams and so whenever we share them, Hermana Blau says, El don de sueños!!!!! ha ha its too funny. We don´t have the gift of dreams but some people really do and its amazing!
 
Something Funny: This week I started to go a little crazy and as we were saying hola to everyone we were passing by--without realizing it, I said hola to a dog. I think I need a nap--ha ha.

This week we are trying so many new things. We are really going to work on unifying our ward and helping the members. We are going to do mini family home evenings every night that are just really little and strengthen the members! It is going to be great! This week I was reading Jesus the Christ and I read about the parable, like the parable of the treasure, and the pearl of great price! I love it! In the parable of the treasure, a man happens upon the most glorious treasure, the gospel, and he sells all he has to buy it. In the pearl of great price, a man searches and searches to find the greatest pearl, and once he does, he sells all he has and buys it. I was thinking about it and I really relate to the one where the man just happens upon the treasure because I feel like being born into the gospel is such an amazing blessing that Heavenly Father gave me, and now I must do all I can and give Him all I can. I have the amazing opportunity to help people who are  searching and searching like the man searched for the pearl of great price. I can help them find the same treasure so that they too can find it and sell all they have to buy it and enjoy the gospel. That is the amazing role that we all have. Whether we came upon the treasure, or we found it by truly searching, we all have it, and we must do all we can to share it with others. That is what I am going to be working on this week, and I invite all of you to do the same.
 
I know that this is the Savior´s true church and living gospel. It is the greatest treasure of all. May we all share it with others! I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!!!!! I love you! 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment