Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Power of Faith

                                                                                                            April 14, 2014
Hola mi familia maravillosa!!! Gracias por sus cartas esta semana! Estoy feliz que todos están bien! Feliz Cumpleaños a mi hermanita Abby Gracy!! Te amo! I can´t believe you are 13! You were 11 when I left!! Crazy! I am so glad to hear that Bekah and Theo and Reuben are there and doing well! I love them all!!! Enjoy the family vacation together! Today I was getting souvenirs! Woohoo! What would you all like from Chile? I will shop again next week. I love you all!!!
 
This week was really great! Sadly, Cesar and Carolina didn´t get baptized this week, but they are for sure getting baptized this Saturday, the 19th! And they will be confirmed on Easter!!!! So exciting! Everything is organized and they are so cute and so prepared. Please keep praying for them, especially for Cesar, so that he can get done with work in time. Thank you for your prayers, Heavenly Father is blessing them and they will be baptized this week! I can´t wait to send the pictures! 
 
Wonderful missionaries in our Zone









You can see that we have a lot of fun when we are together. 
This week we saw a ton of miracles! We found another Family!!! Fernando, Vanessa, and Tomás!! They are a wonderful Catholic family. We have only taught them 2 times, but I know that the gospel will bless them so much if they will pray and receive answers. I will let you know about their progress. Please pray for them! We are also focusing on Javiera and she is progressing. We hope to teach her mom as well.

We decided this week that we need to focus more on helping our investigators progress, because we were so focused in Carolina and Cesar, and also in finding investigators, and we found so many that we couldn't keep up with them and help them progress so that they could prepare for baptism.  Hermana Blau and I made a list of all of them and came up with 7 families that we are going to focus on, as well as finding in all situations. It is going to be an amazing week!!! We have transfers next week, and I have no idea what is going to happen, but I hope we stay together and can strengthen Coyquén more. 
 
We got behind on our goal of talking to everyone about the gospel. The Lord has asked us to do it through His living prophets, and also through our Mission President, and we have a weekly goal of 140 contacts. We were behind by a few the last two week and we were determined to obtain this goal that God has given us. Last night, we were 57 behind, and we prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help us to obtain the goal that we had promised Him we would complete, and to put prepared people in our path. As we left the house, a huge soccer game was finishing at the nearby stadium and a huge crowd of about 75 people came walking towards us. We contacted as many as we were able to, and then we finished the night with 59 contacts. It was such a miracle and such a blessing, because we did find a lot of people to teach in the future! I know that the Lord blessed us so much! And we had faith that He would. 
 
This week I learned so much, but something important that I learned is that Faith is power. It is a power that we have, and Heavenly Father only acts according to this power. The Savior was able to heal and bless the lives of others because of the power of their faith. He will always bless us if we have Faith. I was able to apply this many times this week. When I felt scared about putting Cesar and Carolina´s baptismal date back another week, I had prayed and exercised faith that Heavenly Father will protect them and help them be baptized this week. I also have had faith that the Spirit will be with me, so that I can be an instrument in God´s hands when I teach. The Spirit has been stronger in each of our lessons. When we have faith and trust in the Lord, and when we have righteous desires, He is going to bless us according to our faith, and His will. Therefore, our faith is our super power, and it depends on us. The quality of our faith is the most important. I know that as we go to church, serve others, read the scriptures, pray, testify of others, and study the life of our Savior, our faith will grow and our power will grow. When we have faith, the Lord will help us to do anything, even 59 contacts in only a few hours!!
 
On Saturday, we were able to help with a different baptism, of Norma, a little abuelita that was Jewish but now she is Mormon! She is incredible!!! I love the mission and the miracles so much! 

Today we had a super fun p-day. We had a breakfast as a group of 10 sisters, and I made crepes, and Hermana Blau made french toast and we all shared! It was so much fun to hang out as sisters! I am so grateful for the strength of the Church, and the members, and the opportunity I have to serve the Lord. it is the greatest blessing in the World!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! Do all that you can to strengthen the power of your faith! I love you! Thank you for your prayers and your love!

Hasta luego!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment