Monday, April 7, 2014

Choose to Change!!!

                                                                                                      March 10, 2014
Hola mi familia!!!!!!!!!!!!! Les Amo muchísimo!!!!!!! Thank you for writing me and letting me know about your week. You are all doing so well and I am so proud of you and your strength, especially in difficult times. It sounds like you all have amazing opportunities awaiting you. I can't wait to hear about them!!

Guess what! We had cambios (transfers) today and I am please to announce that Hermana Blau and I are staying here in Coyquén!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I am sad to think that I only have 4 cambios more in the mission :( Time goes by so fast! But I have been so blessed to be here! I have a ton to tell you about this week, so let's get started!   
The wonderful Elders and Sisters in our Zone



We can be fun and a little crazy!!
This week was absolutely amazing!! So many things happened!!!!

First, my companion let me read the 4th missionary which a friend had sent to here. It is an amazing talk about the 4 types of missionaries that exist. It is amazing!! You all have to read it, individually and as a family. It is such good preparation for the mission. I wish I had read it earlier. The 4th missionary is the best kind of missionary to be because he is exactly obedient, and does the Lord´s will always, to the point that because he gives everything to the Lord, he is changed completely by his mission (applies for sisters too). It reminds me of the verse Ben shared with me this morning, Helaman 10:4. The 3rd missionary is similar, is exactly obedient, but doesn't give the Lord everything, and so they are not changed by their mission like Heavenly Father wants to change them. I know that Heavenly Father has a goal for who we should be. He tries to form us, like a masterpiece of clay, but He can´t unless we give Him all of the clay to work with, unless we give Him our whole heart, might, mind, and strength, and always do His will. I have been really trying to apply this this week, in everything, even the little choices and decisions. I know that I can become the 4th missionary, and I want to do it because I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and I want them to change me to become like Them.
 
I only have this next 6 months to walk with Them and learn from Them every day. Í will give them everything! I don´t have regrets, or feel like I didn't do my best before, because I did do my best. I had not learned this lesson yet like I did this week, and so now I will apply and become what He wants me to be so that I can help His other children. I am so grateful for this article, please read it!!! 
This week we had a conference with Elder Zaballos, who is in the seventy.
There were three separate sessions with three different groups of missionaries in our mission.


You will find me in the first group. 




 
It was amazing!!! I don't have my notes with me, so I will have to write more later. But the topic was very similar to what I had learned from the 4th missionary earlier in the week.
 
Hermana Arrington, the wife of our mission president, spoke at the beginning. She said, there once was a man in the Book of Mormon. He followed his dad out of Jerusalem when the Lord told them to flee. He suffered many afflictions in the desert. He as angels and learned from his father. He was commanded to build a boat and did so to cross the waters with his family, and he was led to the promised land. Who is it? We all said Nephi!! She said, nope, its Laman. He did all of these good things just like his brother Nephi, but what is the difference between them? She said that the difference is that Nephi was changed by doing all of these things because he gave his whole heart and mind to the Lord, but Laman didn't. He did all of these good things, but he didn't give the Lord everything, so he wasn't changed by the good things that he did. This applies to us. We must choose to give the Lord everything!, We must choose to let Him change us. We must give Him everything so that He can change us. We may keep the commandments, we may be obedient, but if we do not give the Lord EVERYTHING, He cannot change us to be what He wants us to be. We can do every good thing, but these good things wont change us. The Lord can only change us, and He can only do it if we give Him everything. I know this to be true! This is what I am going to apply now, and for my whole life. 

I challenge each of you to give everything to the Lord so that He can change you. His power is the only thing that can change us so we can become like Him! Next week, I will share more from the conference! 
This week we saw great progression! We had Cesar and Carolina and Carolina, their daughter, come to church!!! Their daughter even invited her friend. Carolina (hija) doesn't like church that much because we haven't taught her a lot and she feels like she sticks out. We are going to be working with her. They had a baptismal date for the 15th but we just found out the Cesar has to travel for work and won't be back for two weeks. They now have a date for the 29th, but it is amazing because in the beginning they didn't want baptism and now they do! They read the Book of Mormon all the time! Cesar is going to receive the lessons where he will be working. We are going to send the elders. But we are so happy and so proud of them! We have a noche de hogar with them and a member family tonight! Thank you for your prayers! please keep praying for them that they can keep progressing and that they can be ready for the 29th, that Cesar can make it back in time.
 
Jaime also came for sacrament meeting!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooohoooooooooo! He also came to a baptism the Elders had on Sat. and he is reading the Book of Mormon everyday! We will continue to work with him. We also have Claudio that we are working with. He was going to come, but didn't show up. This week though for sure! We visited a reference from a member. Her name is Javiera and she is 14. She is really great, we will keep working with her. We are also working with Mirta, and she needs to come this week! We found a family of 9 children on Tuesday!!!! crazy right, only 4 of them were there though. We will keep teaching them. Gloria is the moms name. Thank you for your prayers!!! 
Funny moments this week. I contacted an older man who couldn't hear and he told us that his wife had passed away. I then testified that he could be with his wife again because Jesus Christ has made it possible for us to be with our families forever. Misunderstanding my Spanish, he then said, no, no, no! marriage at my age??! I am way too old to remarry ha ha I think he thought I was proposing to him or promising that he could find another wife ha ha We also had a drunk man kiss us on the hand yesterday. That was awkward ha ha. oh well, we gave him a pass-along-card.
 
Oh, and I had invited Claudio  to baptism and a baptismal date the first lesson, but he didn't accept. The next time we went back this week, we somehow got onto the topic of marriage, and his girlfriend, Patricia, said that I am going to get married quick because I'm so fast to put a date. haha got to just laugh at that one though I felt a little embarrassed. It has been a great week! We had pizza today at a really great pizza place! And I got my hair cut! I am excited for this week and for all that I can give to the Lord. I cant wait to let you know how it goes. Have an amazing week and know that you are all in my prayers. Love you!!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment