Monday, June 16, 2014

He Changes Willing Hearts

                                                                                            June 9, 2014
Hola mi familia!!! Gracias por sus cartas! I´m glad to know that you are all doing well. I´m so sorry to hear about Uncle Wilf! He is amazing and is sharing the gospel with those in the Spirit world. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation that God reveals through His prophets. I know that it is true and we can be with our families forever! It is amazing! I am so proud of all of you and the testimonies that you share with everyone! I love you all!
 
Highlight of the week!!
 
MARIO AND YOCELYN GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 
They are so cute and we are so happy for them! 
 
 
Mario shared his testimony at the end of his baptism and testified that this is the true church and the spirit was so strong! They received the Holy Ghost yesterday. 
 
 
 
This week was quite the adventure. On Tuesday when we had transfers it began to rain. Hermana Martinez had had a bad cough for 2 weeks and so we got permission to go to the Clinic. The doctor said that she needed to be in bed for at least 3 days so that she wouldn´t get pneumonia. That is the worse news that missionaries can here. We had a baptism to prepare and people to visit.
 
Well we tried our best to take care of her and stay in, but sometimes we went out to work and sometimes I went with a sister and another sister came to stay with her. The worse part is that it was raining all week and this did not help at all. Then, I started getting her cold haha, but I don't have a cough. On Friday we worked out in the rain and then her cough got even worse. Our doctor had told us not to go in the rain and we got in trouble so Saturday we stayed inside. We figured it was better for Hermana Martinez to get better so that we can work this week, instead of staying the same and having to be in the house again for another week. We had specific instructions to not work when it was raining.
 
Well on Saturday it would rain and then stop and I would look out the window and say, Hey it´s not raining, we can work now! And then it would start raining. ha ha
But we had to go out for the baptism of Mario and Yocelyn.-- It was the highlight of our week!!
 
Our week was hard because we weren't able to work very much, and I don´t know why but I was super tired this week. I felt like I was losing energy. But Presidente Arrington received inspiration for the whole mission that we need to be more exactly obedient in every way. So as a mission he asked us to study the Atonement every day this week and apply it in our lives and then fast as a mission from Saturday to Sunday so that we can have the desire to be exactly obedient. I knew I was losing the energy that I needed to be exactly obedient, so I prayed earnestly to have the desire to do so for the rest of my mission, and after the fast, I know that God has changed my heart. I have the renewed desire to be exactly obedient like before and I am so excited for this week. It was hard to be exactly obedient while sick, but the Lord still blessed us on Sunday. 
 
Remember Crelia? Well, we started teaching her and her two daughters, Katti and Martina again. And they came to church on Sunday and are preparing to be baptized on the 28th!!!!!!!!! We are so excited to work with them!
 
No one else came to church, but we are still working with Cesar and Jasmin, and Anet and Angie. Thank you for your prayers in our behalf and in behalf of our investigators! Please pray for my companion so that her cough can get better. And please pray that it won't rain. And most importantly, please pray for these people! I know that God is watching over them and will continue to do so! Thank you for your faith. 
 
 I learned again this week that God can change us when we let him. I am so grateful that He has changed my heart and desires again so that I can keep becoming who He wants me to be.
I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ.
 
This week I read in Jesus the Christ about the Atonement. I have been reading it throughout my mission and I am almost done, but as I have been studying His life and His mission, I have come to know Him better. I love Him so much and I am grateful for all that He suffered for us. I know He did it because He loves us. Everything He does, He does with love. I am grateful that I can represent Him and help others come unto Him. I am grateful that He can change me, and I am grateful that I can work along side Him as He changes other people. This is His glory. Every baptism is His! I am so grateful!!! I love you all! I know this is the church of Jesus Christ! The only church that has His name, and all of His gospel. It has His authority, and His truth that blesses us and everyone! May we always represent Him! Have an amazing week!!!! love you all!!!
 
Love,
 
Hermana Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment