Monday, June 16, 2014

Mind Over Matter, Spirit Over Body

                                                                                                    June 2, 2014
Hola mi familia!!!!!!!!!!!! Estoy super feliz para saber de su semana! Sounds like you have all had an amazing week! I sure have! I am so proud to hear about your missionary work. You are all amazing! Keep sharing with everyone! They all need the gospel! 
 
On Monday night I received my Easter package!!! haha finally! I CAN´T BELIEVE I RECEIVED A CHOCOLATE FROG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was so amazing!!! haha I love my life! All of the package was amazing! I especially liked the bunny glasses. We put them on right away as we saw what else the package contained. Happy Easter!!! 
 
Today we found out the transfers for tomorrow. Hermana Martinez and I are going to be together for another transfer!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! She is so much fun!
 
 
We are going to have the baptism of Mario and Yocelyn this Saturday!!! They are so cute! They were struggling in their marriage, but now they are changing so much as the gospel of Jesus Christ is improving their relationship and changing them personally. Mario stopped smoking and drinking and they are going to family home evenings with the members. I love being a part of helping them, but I truly know that the Lord is who helps them! 
We had them come to church,and Cesar and his daughter Jasmine, and also Anet, the daughter of a less active member. They are all preparing for baptism. Fernando also came, and Maria Eugenia, who is the wife a member. We are working with her and she finally came to church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your prayers! Please keep praying for them! We need the power of your faith.
 
We had an amazing week, and we worked hard to talk to everyone and help Hermana Woodbury work in her sector too. We had so much fun in our little trio, that sadly is going to end tomorrow, but good news! Hermana Call is going to be Hermana Woodbury´s companion so I will be seeing her a lot! 
 
This week we had a ton of adventures!
 
On Wednesday we had a conference with all of the sisters from the mission!!! I got to see all of my old companions and it was so fun!

We had blueberry muffins for breakfast (that never happens!)
 
We had a conference in which they spoke about us as sisters and gave us ánimo to know that we are doing great and to not be too hard on ourselves. Hermana Arrington, our Mission President´s wife, has wanted to have a conference like this since a year ago and it finally happened!
She is so sweet and works so hard to help us.


The Spirit was so strong in the conference and I learned a lot. One thing  I learned is that when it comes to obedience, it is all about Spirit over Body. We need to let our spirits rule our bodies and not the other way around. We need to choose to listen to the promptings that the Holy Ghost whispers to our spirits so that we can control our temporal desires. That is why we are here on earth. We need to learn to control our bodies with our spirits. This can apply to obedience to all of the commandments. When we break a commandment it is because we let our bodies rule our spirit. We must strive to be constantly obedient to our Heavenly Father and His commandments. If we do His will and not our own, this is ruling our bodies with our spirits. The Savior gave us the perfect example of this! I am going to strive to be exactly obedient always, and to do what the Lord asks even if my natural man wants to do something different. I am learning how to do this in the mission and I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn this.
 
My invitation this week is that we can thing about a commandment we may be breaking, and that we can rule what our natural man desires with our spirit and strive to obey this commandment constantly. I know that with the Savior´s help, it is possible to put off the natural man and change to become like our Heavenly Father. I have seen this with my converts and investigators, and in my own life. 
So after learning this an other things, we then played some games in the conference. They were so funny! I will have to teach them to you after the mission because its hard to explain. We also had lunch at the conference and some members from our ward Coyquén served lunch!
 
The conference was amazing and really helped us feel the Lord´s love for us! I want to invite all of you to take time this week to feel His love. Sometimes we move to fast and we don´t take time or we dont remember to just stop and feel His! His love is amazing! It is the most desirous about all other things. Please take time to feel it. I know that He loves you!!! He knows you and He is so proud of you! Thank you for helping others feel His love too!!! 
I can't remember everything that happened this week but I have a funny story from last week. One day it was raining and when it rains all the streets flood. The problem is that some of the streets have holes that you can´t see when it floods. Well last week we were about to cross a street and I was reassuring Hermana Martinez. I said, "I know these streets, don´t worry, there are not any holes here." And I bet you can guess what happened. As soon as those words left my mouth I took a step and fell in a hole. The water was up to my knees and my skirt got wet. haha but it was so funny that it didn't even matter. Another funny thing about Hermana Martinez and I  is that we are constantly bonking heads. When we did that dance of the pillow people, we were dancing and bonked heads and we do it all the time by accident. It's horrible but we can't stop laughing. haha The mission is so funny and I wish I could tell you all of the funny moments that we have every day because there are thousands, but you would have to live it to understand. 
I love you all so much! Thank you for everything! I hope you have an amazing week and do your best to rule your body with your spirit, and to feel God´s love for you!!! Hasta luego!!!
Love,
 
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment