Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fé y Esperanza! (Faith and Hope)

                                                                                                          July 28, 2014
 Hola mi familia y amigos!!!!!! I am so excited to write you this week because so much has happened here!!! I absolutely love my mission!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy to read all about your amazing experiences at girl`s camp. It truly is a time to walk with the Savior. I love our Savior so much and those times are so special when we can walk with Him! I am grateful that I have learned that we can walk with Him daily if we let ourselves. He walks with us, all we need to do is walk with Him. 
 
I want to share a little bit about something I learned today. Today we had Leadership counsel as a mission. This was my first and my last one... but I loved it. It has some great perks, like we get all day p-day today, and papa johns for lunch! But I mostly loved it because I learned so much!
 
There was one part that I really needed to hear today. Elder Scholes, who is a senior missionary here serving with his wife, gave a lesson about Faith and Hope. He used the scriptures to help us to learn about these two qualities. In the scriptures we learn that we cannot have faith without hope, and that we cannot have hope if we do not have faith, so we need both of them. Our faith is based in Jesus Christ, that He lives and that He can help us become who Heavenly Father wants us to be, and can help us return to live with Heavenly Father and our families in the Celestial Kingdom. Sometimes we get hope and faith confused. Hope is really based in ourselves, that we have great potential and we will be able to become like the Savior and receive eternal life. We must have both faith in our Savior, and hope in ourselves that we can do it with His help. God works to increase our faith and hope. In Moses 1 God appears unto Moses and says in verse 3, "Behold, I am the Lord God Almighty, and Endless is my name; for I am without beginning of days or end of years, and is not this endless." First He strengthens our faith, and then He strengthens our hope saying,"And, behold, thou art my son...And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for He is full of grace and truth." God always helps us see who we are,and He always tells us that He loves us and is proud of us, On the other hand, satan works to attack our faith and our hope, usually he attacks our hope first. He lies to us, telling us that we aren´t good enough, or we will never be able to change. We can see this through the experience of Moses because after he had this vision, satan came to tempt him to worship him instead of God. In Moses 1:12 satan said, "Moses, son of man, worship me." He sometimes calls us sons or daughters of man, and makes us think that we have no potential to improve or change, or he makes us think we should just give up. But Moses had faith and hope, he responded in verse 13 and said, "Who art thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of His Only Begotten, and where is thy glory, that I should worship thee?" When we work to have faith, and hope we can be strong even when the adversary attacks us with lies. We will have the ability to respond to these lies that satan puts into our minds. We may have weaknesses, but we can say with Hope that we are sons and daughters of God, and we can become like Him through the Atonement of Christ. We can do all things with Him. I know that as we pray for greater faith and hope, we will recognize the lies of the adversary when they enter our minds, and we can respond like Moses and say, " Get thee hence, Satan; deceive me not; for God said unto me: Thou art after the similitude of mine Only Begotten." 
I am so grateful that I was able to learn that, now I will always apply it! We truly are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father and with Him and our Savior we can do all things!!! 
This week was amazing because we worked really hard. We weren't able to help the Mejias Family, I taught them, but they didn´t come to church and aren't progressing, so we are going to have to teach others. Claudia's progression is slow, but we know that as we keep working hard, the Lord will bless us to find those that are prepared. Last night we started teaching the husband of a member, his name is Alejandro. He has prepared for baptism before, but has some difficulties with drugs and wasn't able to be baptized before. He also doesn't believe that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, so we are going to work with him on that. It was a miracle that we were able to teach him because before, he wouldn´t even enter the room when we were over. Please pray for him, we feel strongly that it is his time now, and that he is prepared, but he needs your prayers and faith, because he needs Heavenly Father`s help and the help of our Savior in order to change and be ready. He has a baptismal date for the 16th of August! Also, please pray that we can keep finding people this week! 
Other news!!! I had my first mini cambio this week, or exchange as a leader! It was awesome!
 
I am so excited to keep helping these amazing sisters! I love you all!!! Thank you for your prayers and your love! I hope you have an amazing week!!!! Hasta luego!
Love, Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment