Sunday, August 17, 2014

La Guerra (The War)

                                                                                                          August 11, 2014
Hola mi familia!!! Thank you for your letters and for everything you are doing to live and share the gospel with everyone you know!!! I am striving to do the same!
 

This week I learned a lot about the war between good and evil. First off, we are still teaching Alejandro and he is faithfully preparing for his baptism on Saturday, but it has been a hard struggle with the Word of Wisdom. He needs your prayers now more than ever, so please keep him in your prayers every day. If this is the last baptism I can be a part of on my mission, I will be the happiest missionary ever. He has tried to prepare for baptism twice, but he kept falling, and then he didn't want to share with the missionaries after because he felt like he couldn`t do it, but he can! With the Savior`s help he can do anything! And this week we had an amazing lesson with him because he had fallen again and he felt so discouraged with himself, but he was able to feel God`s love and know that he can do it. He also received a blessing of comfort and strength to be able to withstand temptation. He is doing so well right now, but it is hard every time he works at night because all of his friends offer him cigarettes. But he is a changed man. We had seen how the Lord has prepared him and changed his heart even in the last week. I know that he will be prepared for Saturday because he is in the Lord`s hands, and the Lord always wins the war against evil. 

This week we worked really hard to find, but we only found one new investigator. She only had time for a five minute lesson and so we explained a little and asked for a return visit, and we will teach her again on wed.
 
We have been trying new things this week. We didn't get to do the face painting, but on Saturday we went to the beach and we drew the plan of salvation on the sidewalk in chalk, and then we taught little lessons to people that were passing by. We were able to write down their addresses, but almost all of them were references for the elders ha ha. oh well.
 
We have a new game plan now. We chose 5 member families that we are going to visit and strengthen and work with them to help them invite their friends to receive the gospel. I know that this will work because when we work with the members it is so much better because the investigators have friends they can trust and ask questions. We are going to work so hard this week to be able to find. 

This week we played street soccer at the church on Wed, and we invited a ton of investigators. We are going to do this every week, and it is a great way to find new people to teach.
 
 
 
 
Speaking of activities, today for p-day we played paintball!! Can you believe that I did that in the mission? I had never played in my life, and I played in my mission. My teammates all died, but in the two rounds, I never got killed!!! And I fought a good fight!  It was awesome! 
I learned more this week about how real the war is between good and evil. We must always be prepared to fight, and when we are prepared and we fight with our Heavenly Father and our Savior, we will always win. We must prepare by faithfully reading the scriptures everyday, by praying constantly, and by always going to church. We must live the commandments and be worthy to have the Spirit. If we do all of these things, we will never fall, we will always win because with Him we can win, without HIM, we cannot. I know that this is true, so my invitation this week is that we can all reflect and think about one thing we can do better to be more prepared to fight on the Lord`s side. I know He will help us change and improve and we will conquer with Him. 
Funny moment this week. I was walking with some people trying to contact them, and I bumped into a car parked in the street and the alarm went off.. goodbye contact... so embarrassing! haha I love you all so much! Keep being amazing and keep staying strong! Please do everything you can to protect yourselves and others in this war. teach them that they can do all things with the Savior on their side. I love you! Have a great week! Hasta luego!!!
 
Love, Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment