Monday, August 5, 2013

It Is About Being Truly Converted!!

                                                                                                                             May 13, 2013
Hola Familia!!! I love you all so much, and am so excited to hear from you!!

Today I want to write about what I have learned this morning, from dad´s email to me, and also from personal and companionship study. It is about being truly converted. This morning during personal study we received a phone call from our zone leaders who wanted to get us more animated on working hard to reach our mission goals from baptism and also to achieve our vision for Cauquenes. We want Cauquenes, which is only a small branch with about 70 members, to become a stake in the next 5 years. That is a big vision, and our zone leaders asked us if we felt like we had worked hard enough this past week to achieve that vision. We said no. They asked us to study in preach my gospel during companionship study about how we can help our investigators keep their commitments. After the call i continued my personal study of reading in the Book of Mormon. I read 2 Nephi 33;3,4,9 These stuck out to me because it is the same attitude that I want to have about my investigators. I want to be just like Nephi and continually cry unto the Lord for these people, and only care about these people, with the knowledge that as I pray for them, the Lord will bless them. I know that I cannot have any hope for them unless I help them come unto Christ.

 Dad taught me this morning about verse 1 and 2 in the same chapter. He said that we are the means of bringing the knowledge UNTO their hearts, but that is not enough. They must have it brought INTO their hearts through the Spirit that testifies as we teach, and through keeping commitments. After personal study we studied the chapter in Preach my gospel that the zone leaders asked us to read. It taught us so much about extending commitments with a testimony, and with a promise, and then following up on these commitments. It taught that when we ask someone to make a commitment, we are asking them to repent, and as they keep these commitments, they will see the blessings that we promised, and their hearts will be changed as they feel the Holy Ghost testify of the love that the Savior and Heavenly Father have for them, and how proud they are of the choices that these people are making. I know that as representatives of Jesus Christ, we have the authority to not only extend commitments, but to also make promises from the Lord. And I know without a doubt, that these promises are real, and that the Lord will fulfill these promises.

I move forward into this next week with a determination to only care for these people, and to put my whole soul into helping them not only recieve the gospel, but to live the gospel. I know that this gospel is true! I know that it is the true gospel of Jesus Christ, our Savior and our Redeemer. I know that He lives, and that He leads this church. I know that our Heavenly Father lives, that we are in His hands, and we see His miracles everday. I know that the Savior is the only way, and we must proclaim this to all of our brothers and sisters so that we can all return to our Heavenly Father and our Savior, and be sealed as families for eternity. This is what I want for all the people of Chile, and so this week I will go forth proclaiming "with every breath i breathe, with all my faith, He is the way!"  I pray that we can all work on being more truly converted to the Savior and His gospel, so that we can be the means of converting others through the Spirit, and so that we can be a part of the marvelous work and a wonder that was prophesied of in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon, and is being fulfilled today! I love you, and hope you have an amazing week! You are all amazing, and i am so proud of you. Love you, and talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment