Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hello Beautiful Frutillares!!

                                                                                                                          August 19, 2013
Hola mi familia!!! Gracias por escribir! Estaba muy animada para recibir sus cartas y leer como estan! This week has been kind of long, and I am so grateful for this day to rest a little, and hear from all of you.
 
The baptism last Monday was amazing! It was all really special, and gave me the opportunity to say goodbye to all the members in Cauqenes. I loved working with the people and was sad to leave, but know that Frutillares is the place where I am suppose to be!!

Hello Beautiful Frutillares!!


Frutillares is gorgeous!! It is a smaller part of Tomé, and consists of many hills. I'm excited because my legs are going to be super toned--haha!!

Tomé is the center, so we do our shopping there, and the beach is there. We went to the beach today to see how it is, it is amazing! But it is still winter here so it is kind of cold. Frutillares is colder than Cauquenes, but I have everything I need to stay warm.  My sleeping bag is my best friend!!


My companion, Hermana V. is from Argentina! She and her family are converts to the Church and    her testimony and experiences are amazingly powerful. She is also super obedient, and we are going to get along great! I am excited to work with her this transfer and learn from her. We both have 4 months in Chile, we arrived here together on the plane, so we are co-senior companions ha ha. it is awesome! We replaced the elders of Frutillares and are both new to the area. Frutillares hasn´t had sister missionaries for about 15 years, so we both feel very honored to be here.
 
The rama (branch)  in which we serve is fantastic. The members are excited to help visit investigators, new converts, and less actives. They have such an amazing spirit of missionary work, and the leaders magnify their callings tremendously. I am so grateful and excited to work with them. They have taken care of us so well this week. It was hard at first because we didn´t know any members, and we weren´t sure about who the elders had been teaching. But we went out and worked. We have many new investigators and are excited to share the wonderful message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

 We are excited for the challenge of a new week, to be better, work harder, and help others come closer to the Savior and our Heavenly Father.

This week I learned that the Lord knows us perfectly, has a mission for each of us, and will always help us fulfill that mission. We can do whatever He asks of us, because He will magnify us and help us do His will. I am so grateful to be a part of this work, to proclaim the truth, and testify of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Come what may, they are with us always, and will always guide us if we turn to them.



I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! Good luck with school starting, I will be praying that everything goes well. You are all so amazing and I am so grateful to be at peace and always know that the Lord is taking care of you and blessing you. Love you so much!

Hasta Luego!


No comments:

Post a Comment