Sunday, September 22, 2013

Transfers: Miracles in Cauqenes

                                                                                                                             August 12, 2013
Hola mi familia!! Como estan todos? I am doing great!!!

Today we found out transfers for where we are going to work for the next 6 weeks. I am being tranferred out of Cauquenes after 4 amazing months. I am going to be serving in Frutillares, which is on the Coast, and will be serving with Hna. V. I don´t know her yet, but am excited to meet her tomorrow. I am going to miss the people of Cauquenes so much. This past transfer was 8 weeks and in these two months, I really learned to love the people here. They are amazing! And now I am excited to meet new people and love them in Frutillares. It is going to be so hard to leave Sis. L. and Sis. N., but I am so grateful that we can still write them. They truly are amazing! 

Okay, it is funny story time! So the other night we were sleeping and the sirens for the bomberos or firefighters went off at about 1:30 in the morning. I woke up of course because I am a light sleeper, and was really annoyed by the loud noise :)  and also really confused as to why it was sounding. I thought they were having a funeral for a bombero because I had heard the same kind of noises before in the parades they have when a bombero passes away, but they would never have a funeral at one in the morning. They stopped and I went back to sleep. In the morning I talked about it with my companions. All 4 of us live together, but the other 3 sisters said that they hadn´t heard anything, and that it was just a dream. We live really close to the firestation so I don´t know how they didn´t hear it. So, I thought I was going crazy and couldn't tell the difference between dreams and real life. Later I asked our neighbor about it, and he said that they did go off because a fire started. HA! So I was right and wasn´t dreaming and I am not going crazy!! Ha ha, I just don´t understand how they slept through that! Other funny story. This week I was helping a young women named Sis. J. with her english homework. I had to read a paragraph out loud for her so she could learn the proper pronunciation. And I couldn´t say the word communication! I kept saying comunicacion, and the pronuncation is way different. She had to reteach me how to say it in english haha im not going to be able to speak english when i get back! 
 
This week we had a funeral for a less active man who passed away. His sister and father are less active as well, and his sister´s husband and son are not members. The whole chapel was filled with non members. I was invited to sing, "Yo sé que vive mi Senor" (I Know That My Redeemer Lives.) I hope the wonderful people could feel the sweet Spirit that was in the chapel!
 
This week we also had a minicambio and I got to work with Hna. S. who is our group leader. She is so amazing, and I learned so much from her in the mini cambio! She is getting transferred to the same zone as me, so she will still be my leader! We are still working with Sis. V. and her son. Sis. V. who still needs to stop smoking. We have tried to help her all we can. We have fasted and prayed, had members in lessons who had the same problem, and last night we gave her a pack of "cigaros" which were really pieces of paper we had rolled up to look like cigarettes, and we wrote scriptures on them. We found the case to a pack of cigarettes, and decorated it with good pictures and sayings to help her. Whenever she has the temptation to smoke, she is going to take out one of these cigaros, and look up the scripture :) We are praying that she can stop smoking this week so that she can be baptized. Please continue to pray for her! 
 
And now for the amazing news!! Do you remember Cristina? I was able to teach her with Hna. C. for a little. Well Hna. C. and Hna. S. kept teaching her and Alex. They were not married, and didn´t want to get married because of fears and other problems. One Sunday about 3 weeks ago, they came to church for the first time since we began teaching them about 4 months ago. She decided that she wanted to be baptized and be with her family forever. I am pleased to announce that she and Alex were married this morning at 9:30! And she will be baptized tonight at 7. We are so excited for them, and it has been amazing to watch the change in her life as she has learned to trust in the Lord and give up her fears, and follow Him. I know that this gospel is true and that it is the Lord´s gospel. He has the power to change hearts and lives, and He wants the best for us. I know that our loving Heavenly Father has created an eternal plan of pure joy for us, and that through the gospel of Jesus Christ that has been revealed in His true restored church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we can live this plan and be able to return to Him and our Savior with our families!
 
I am grateful for Cauquenes, for the experiences I have had here, for the amazing people the Lord has prepared, for the love that I have for them, and for the opportunity that I have had to serve them, to witness miracles, and to watch my own testimony grow. Thank you for all of your prayers. These people were truly blessed because of them. I love you all, and hope you have an amazing week! I will let you know about Frutillares next week! Love you all! Hugs and kisses for everyone! Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment