Monday, February 3, 2014

"Trick or Treat!!"

                                                                                                                                     Nov.4, 2013
Hola mi familia! I was so excited to read all of your letters and to know that you are all doing fabulous! I am doing amazing as well because this week was incredible! I have so much to tell you! But it all starts with TRICK OR TREAT!
I had many experiences this week in which none of them were tricks, I have only had treats! Last Monday we received news that we would be having mini missionaries come to stay with us for 4 days. Mini missionaries are youth from a different stake that come for some time to serve as missionaries. They are literally missionaries without their official call, but they do everything that missionaries do in order to learn. So Hermana Valdiviezo and I split up and we were each with a mini missionary. I was with Hermana París, who already has her call and will be leaving soon to serve in Peru. I had the amazing opportunity to teach her all that I could about missionary work for 4 days. We saw so many miracles as we found new investigators to teach and truly lifted others by bringing them unto Christ. I think our biggest miracle was Patricia, who is now a new investigator. She was a contact before, and never answered the door when we went again, even though she was home one time and we knew it haha. But this time with Hermana París she did answer. She desperately needed to feel the love of God and we were able to testify how special she is to her Heavenly Father. The Spirit was so strong and we could feel the love that Heavenly Father has for her as His daughter! It was amazing! We continued to see miracles the whole 4 weeks, and I learned so much! I hope that Hna. París did too! She reminded me so much of myself when I first started, and I was so grateful and amazed to see how the Lord has qualified me to do His sacred work. It was such a treat! We were together for Halloween and yes, the children do go trick or treating, but not as many go as in the states. I bought a lot of candy and we were able to speak with a lot of people as we gave out the candy to the children! Best idea for contacts ever!!! haha but it was so fun!
 
Maria/Noelia are still progressing, but there are always trials when people are preparing for baptism. Please continue to pray for them and for Marcela and their individual trials! 
 
Thanks for all of you prayers. We have a lot of new investigators too. Please pray for Carlina, Mariaelena, Patricia, Valeska, Nataly, Carolina, and Aura. We found them all this week!! I will let you know how they progress as we continue to teach them! Especially pray for Aura because she is passing through some really big trials and is preparing for baptism the 24th of Nov. but she needs Heavenly Father´s help so much! Thank you Thank you! 

 Ok, now for the big finale of treats this week. We found out the transfers this morning, that will take place tomorrow. I wanted to be with Hermana Valdiviezo for another transfer because we are the best of friends, but the Lord has another plan for me. Hermana Valdiviezo will be opening a new area and so she will have a new companion and won´t be too far away! We will be in the same zone which will be so fun! I will be staying here in Frutillares and....drumroll please!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I will be training a brand new missionary!!!!
 
 I am so excited for this opportunity that the Lord has given me! I am scared out of my mind, but I know the Lord will qualify me so that I can handle this responsibility. It will be hard, but it will be so worth it. Yay, I'm going to have my first daughter. That's what they say here in the mission! When we start our mission, we are born in our first area and our trainer is our mom. Well I get to be a mom now, and train my first hija (daughter) I am truly excited, and I can´t wait to let you all know what she is like. I won´t meet her until tomorrow!

 Ahhh so many changes, and so many treats this week! I have learned so much. I know that this is our Savior´s and our Heavenly Father´s greatest work and that They work through us! They will qualify us for every calling that They give us. We can do everything when we walk with Them. I testify that They live! And that they love us!
 
Thank you for all of you prayers! I love everything about my mission, and I am so proud of each of you and the missionaries that you are! I hope you have a fantastic week and remember how much our Heavenly Father and Savior love you!!
Hasta luego!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment