Monday, February 3, 2014

We Must Have Faith and the Desire to Know!!

Hola!! Happy Thanksgiving!!    Disfruta Los Festivos!!                                                Nov. 25, 2013
 
This week was amazing!!! We were going to have the baptism of Marcela on Sat. but it has been postponed for a few weeks. It is okay, she has stopped smoking, and is following all of the commitments and we weren't sure if she was going to come to church on Sunday, but she came!!!! She is so amazing! Thank you for your prayers in her behalf! She is doing so well.
 
Ramon and Maria were struggling a bit, but we had a good lesson with them this week and they both came to church! Our miracle for this week was Cristian. He is 21 and we met his wife, Yesenia, one day contacting. She is a member from Peru, and they were living in Santiago together with plans to get married. They are expecting a baby, and he should be born this week! But Cristian was taking the lessons from the missionaries in Santiago and he was going to be baptized on the 10th of November, but his mom. who lives in Frutillares,  wanted to meet his bride before they got married, so they came here. And they got married about 5 days before we met them, and they are going to stay here for some time because Yesenia will have her baby soon. So, he is all ready for baptism, and has a date for the 7th of December.What a miracle their family is! Ramon and Maria have a date for the 14th of December, and Marcela either the 7th or the 14th. We couldn't visit Camila but hope to help here prepared for baptism and have a date. Please pray for them that everything will go well. Our biggest challenge is finding new people to teach, we are going to work more with the members this week. They are the key to strengthening the kingdom of God because they have new converts, less actives, and they help find new people to teach. Without them, and without the Lord, we as missionaries can't do anything. I am excited for this week, and the miracles we will see and the challenges we will conquer! 
 
Today is going to be an awesome day! It was Hermana Valdiviezos birthday yesterday, so we are going to heart attack her door, and then we are going with the other sisters to eat lunch with a member who is making pizza for us. and then we are going with Hermana Valdiviezo to the house of another member to learn how to make queques or cakecays is how they pronounce it. It is like muffins/cupcakes. I am so excited! This past week I got sunburned a little on my neck haha and then I started peeling and that wasn't funny haha. It's okay, I now use sunscreen. My goal is to look like a native Chilean. We will see at Christmas! 
 
This week was so awesome! I learned so much, and I love improving. It was hard, but we saw the miracles of the Lord as we had 4 investigators come to church. Last week we had 0, so the Lord is really blessing us. I want to be a perfect missionary and so every week I strive to be better. This week I was reading in the Book of Mormon, the story of Ammon and Aaron teaching the Lamanites. I am reading in Spanish so I am a little slower, I will try to finish by Christmas too! But anyway, I love this story because it shows what a truly prepared investigator is like. 
 
Hermana Amayas favorite scriptures is in Ch. 22, vs. 18 which says: God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God, and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day...This scripture is the prayer that King Lamonis father offers in order to know God. He had such faith in his prayer, that although he wasn't sure if God existed, he was willing to repent of all of his sins, and give everything in order to know God. This is how those who are prepared will be. They will have this faith and this desire. This king wanted to kill Ammon at first, he wasn't receptive, but as Ammon and Aaron continued to share their examples and testimonies, the Lord changed his heart. Our investigator Marcela had a similar experience. She shared with missionaries for years, but always said that she would never get baptized. One day she prayed with real intent, and she felt like she should get baptized. The Lord changed her too! These are miracles of the Lord, this is His work, and His glory. We must share with everyone because He knows who is prepared, and who will become prepared, and we are instruments in His hands to find them, and help them.
 
I love you all so much and I am so proud of all of you! I hope you have an amazing week and just know how special you are!! Love you!! Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment