Monday, February 3, 2014

I Love Training!!!

                                                                                                                             Nov. 11, 2013
Hola! Hola! Hola!!! how was everyone´s week? I can´t wait to hear from you all!
 

This week has been quite an adventure for me! On Tuesday I went to Concepción to pick up my new companion (or daughter/hija as we say in the mission when we train a new missionary) I had no idea who was going to be my companion and I was super anxious to find out! I was kind of hoping I would be able to train a gringa so that I could help her learn Spanish. But then I remembered how hard that was for Hermana Call when I couldn´t contribute a lot in the lessons and she had to be in charge of everything. The Lord really blessed me and He knows what is best!
 
My hija is Hermana Amaya! She is from Argentina so I am working on my accent so I can speak Argentinian and Chilean. She has 4 siblings like me! And she is incredible! It´s like I don´t even have to do anything because she already is so prepared! I still love teaching her everything I know. She learns so quickly, teaches with the Spirit, and is not afraid to talk to anyone! This week has been fantastic and every week will just get better! I have some pictures that I will send. She teaches me so much every day too--I love it! 


Our investigators are doing well, but we had to change the date for Ramon and Maria´s baptism. They are now preparing to be baptized on the 23rd of Nov. Please pray for them! They need the gospel so much! Ramon is working really hard to quit smoking. They were both unable to come to church yesterday, and then really need to come! I only pray that we can teach them everything and help them be prepared to take this important step in their lives. We saw miracles with Marcela this week! She completely changed and wants to be baptized!! She said the prayer for the first time during the lesson, and is now listening, understanding, and progressing! She is so awesome! She is preparing also for the 23rd! Please pray for them!!!  Sadly, we haven´t been able to visit Valeska, Nataly, Carolina, Carlina, and Aura. They weren´t their whenever we went. But remember Camila? She was in the hospital for 3 weeks, and is now home. We are going to visit her today and see how she is doing! She was so prepared before, and I hope she still is. We found  some new investigators this week, but this is our biggest challenge. We are being diligent in speaking with everyone so I know we will be blessed, but please pray that we can find those that are prepared, the escogidos! We know that there are 10 waiting everyone week, but we just need to find them! We can do it only with the Lord´s help and our obedience and faith. Thank you for all of your prayers! 
 
This week I really learned about diligence. All I  want to do is be perfectly diligent and obedient because I love our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I want to help these people come unto them. We must give everyone the opportunity to hear the restored gospel and choose for themselves. This week as we worked with the members, we shared the verses from Joseph Smith History, 16 and 17, in which the prophet Joseph Smith shares how he was liberated from the enemy and the darkness, when our Heavenly Father and our Savior came to restored the light and truth to the world.  As members we all have testimonies of this miraculous event that changed the world. The Savior restored His church! He gave us the light again. Because of this, we will never be in darkness. Sometimes, we may feel like we are in the darkness, but that is a lie. That is what the enemy wants us to think. With the gospel of Jesus Christ, we have all the light we need to defeat the darkness and never live in it. We may have trials, but we can overcome them with the help and light of our Savior.
I have a strong testimony of this, because I have felt like I was in the darkness before. I know the adversary was working really hard, but as I came to the Savior, I received the light and strength that I needed to be victorious!
 
This week in preach my gospel, my companion and I were reading about the Book of Mormon. There was an invitation to us as missionaries to always reread the Book of Mormon, and pray about it again and again to receive another witness from our Heavenly Father about its truthfulness. This caught my attention because I always read the Book of Mormon, but I never pray to ask for another witness. It never crossed my mind to do this! But as I thought about it, this is what we all need to do! We have received a witness, we know of its truthfulness, but the adversary is always trying to attack our testimonies, destroy what we know, and make us forget the experiences the Lord has given us to confirm the truth. When we feel the adversary´s efforts, the first thing we should do is ask for our Heavenly Father´s help to strengthen our testimonies. He wants us to be strong, He will give us another witness! And each time that we humble ourselves and He gives us another witness, His light will be renewed in our lives, and we will conquer the darkness. The darkness is no match for His light. His light is more powerful than anything. He will give it to us as we do our part to seek it, and we will triumph with Him and His glory! I invite each of you who have not read the Book of Mormon yet, to read it, ponder it, and pray about it. You will receive the light of our Savior as He tells you it is true. For those of us who have already received His witness, I invite you to read and pray about it again. He will give us more light, the light that we need to remain strong.
 
I love you! I testify that the Book of Mormon is true, that this is the true church of Jesus Christ, and that the love and light that He gives us is the most powerful and wonderful thing we can experience! I love you all!!! Have a fantastic week! Hasta luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment